Welcome to CityLoveSearch.com
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of citylovesearch.com.
City Love Search Ltd is located at:
20-22 Wenlock Road
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use City Love Search Ltd’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Definitions and Interpretations
The following terms shall have the following meanings in these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements:
- “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions.
- “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
- “Agreement” refers to a Member’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- “Subscription” and “Membership” refers to a fixed rate contract giving access to our paid Services, as required, for a limited period that can be 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 12 months, which automatically renews after the purchased period where the subscription has been purchased using a bank card, bank transfer, PayPal payment, or any other method of payment listed on our website and allowing continuing debits to be made.
- “Service(s)” refers to the entirety of the services available to our Members via any of our sites, whether paid or unpaid.
- “Paid Services” refers to all Services offered by this site accessible, at rates quoted, to Members with a valid Subscription.
- “Member(s)” refers to any or all valid registered users of our Service, whether or not they access Paid Services.
- “Member Content” refers to the information contained in the Member’s profile, created by the Member and displayed on any of our site(s) from time to time.
- “Site(s)” refers to citylovesearch.com and any other domain name operated by City Love Search Ltd.
- The terms “Us”, “We”, “Our” and “The Company” refer to all brands owned and operated by City Love Search Ltd for the purposes of this Agreement.
All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of the United Kingdom. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
To become a Member of any of our sites you must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
You must complete all of the fields on the registration form(s).
You should not have been convicted of any offence, or subject to any court order, relating to assault, violence, sexual misconduct or harassment. You are advised that a breach of this clause constitutes a serious breach of this Agreement.
Should you wish to register someone other than yourself for our Services you must have obtained the prior consent of this third party in order for us to process their data and provide the Service to them either directly or via yourself.
Your right to cancel under The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This section applies to you if you are a “consumer” as defined under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
You have the right to cancel your contract for the Services within fourteen days from the date of placing your initial order for a Subscription (“Cancellation Period”), by using the contact form or writing to our customer care team whose postal address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU, United Kingdom. If you cancel your contract for the Services during the Cancellation Period, we shall reimburse you for all payments received from you.
All reimbursements shall be made to you within fourteen days and using the same means of payment you used for the initial transactions, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise.
Cancellation rights under this Article only apply to your initial order for a Subscription and do not apply to Subscription renewals.
In agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you expressly request that we provide you with the Services immediately and within the fourteen day statutory Cancellation Period.
Use of the Services
Password(s) and any other information used to identify a Member are strictly private and confidential and must not be passed on or shared with any third parties.
To access the Services you will need a computer, laptop and/or smart mobile phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have (and continue to have) access to one of these devices including the cost of using these devices.
We may deactivate accounts of Members who have not used the Services for six months or more and for whom no Subscription remains valid. In the case of paying Members, this six month period begins on the date that the last Subscription expired.
Your Safety and Security
It is important that you understand that we cannot advise on or broker marriage or long-term relationships. The onus still remains on you to decide who is right for you; we just provide the options.
Furthermore, we do not have a contractual obligation, moral or ethical responsibility or the technical means to:
- verify the identity of persons who register as Members or use our Services
- verify or monitor Member Content (although we do reserve the right to monitor Member Content if we consider it appropriate to do so)
As a Member you are advised not to assume that any Member Content is accurate. A person may not be who he or she claims to be. You should at all times exercise the same caution you would normally when you meet people. We cannot be liable for false or misleading statements by Members.
As a Member you at all times remain solely responsible (and liable) for the use of your identification information by third parties or for the actions or statements made through your Member’s account, whether these be fraudulent or not.
When arranging to meet another person through use of the Services, you must take appropriate precautions and follow the safety guidelines in our Online Dating advice section. Any such meetings are at your own risk and are not our responsibility.
You are responsible for the acts or omissions of any third parties who use your identification information or account, whether fraudulent or not. You agree to indemnify us against any claims of this kind. For the avoidance of all doubt; we shall not be liable if your identity is used by someone else.
If you feel or suspect that there has been a breach (of any kind) of your account and/or the information displayed on your profile then you must immediately notify us. Furthermore, you should also amend your password.
As a Member you agree not to:
- breach any applicable law, regulation or code of conduct through use of the Services
- send any aggressive or threatening messages to any other Member either via the site or via any other form of communication
- be aggressive, threatening or harmful in any way towards other Members when meeting in person
- broadcast or publish in any form whatsoever Member Content, comments or any other content that infringes the rights of others or that is defamatory, injurious, obscene, offensive, violent or can/does incite violence, or is in any way, shape or form racist or xenophobic
- make any comment (whether in writing or verbally) that is contrary to the purpose of any of our sites’ current rules and laws in force or to acceptable norms and standards
- upload photographs, videos or any other information in terms of data or files supplied by a Member that are indecent
- upload photographs, videos or any other information in terms of data or files supplied that do not refer exclusively to the Member or to a third party from whom the Member has expressly obtained consent and are the sole responsibility of the Member concerned
- provide email addresses to us of other persons or publish or send any Member Content referring to other persons without having obtained their prior consent
- reveal through the Services any information that enables the Member to be personally identified or contacted by means other than through the Services, including last name, postal address, email address or telephone number
- use the Services for junk mail, spam, or pyramid or similar or fraudulent schemes
For avoidance of doubt it is your responsibility to decide which information to publish or send as Member Content. We cannot be held liable for any misuse thereof by any other Member or third party.
The information supplied by a Member must be accurate and conform to reality. The consequences of disclosing information on the life of the Member or of other Members are the sole responsibility of the Member concerned.
Consequently, he/she waives all recourse against City Love Search Ltd, notably on the basis of any possible damage to the Member’s right to his/her image, the Member’s honour and reputation, or the Member’s privacy, resulting from the dissemination or revelation of information concerning the Member under the conditions foreseen by this Agreement since the Member has given his/her prior, free and express consent to such revelation through his/her Registration with the Service and in application of this Agreement.
We reserve the right not to accept or to suspend or remove from our Services all or part of any profile, personal ad or any other Member Content for any reason we deem fit. We also reserve the right to terminate any Member account for any reason we deem fit.
We are not liable for Member Content or other activities of Members which may breach the rights of other Members or third parties.
Members are urged to notify us of inappropriate Member Content. You acknowledge that such notification may take place and that we may take steps outlined in this Agreement in respect of such information which comes to our attention.
We reserve the right to irretrievably delete messages and other Member Content after any period of time if we exercise any right of termination under this Agreement.
The use of the Paid Services assumes that the Member has a Subscription. Members can acquire a Subscription either by using a credit card (on the Internet or by telephone), or by other payment methods proposed by this site. Subscriptions can be purchased via this site or the smartphone application.
The prices and the terms of payment for the different Paid Services are displayed at all times on this site, including at the point when the member chooses to make a purchase.
The activation of a Subscription on a Member’s account occurs as soon as, or a few moments after, a valid transaction has been completed (successful online transaction).
The Member can contact the site at any time to cancel their Subscription. The cancellation will take effect from the expiry date given for the active Subscription, in accordance with ‘Termination’ below.
All Subscriptions will be automatically renewed unless the Member notifies us of their wish to terminate their Subscription at least 48 hours before the Subscription’s expiration date. The renewal shall be performed in accordance with the manner of payment originally chosen by the Member, at the price rate of the Subscription to which the Member originally agreed. For the avoidance of all doubt Members can avoid having their Subscription auto-renewed if they contact us at least 48 hours before their Subscription expiration date to terminate their Subscription. Please note that suspending your account does not automatically cancel the automatic renewal of your Subscription. If you plan to keep your account suspended for an extended period of time and you have an active Subscription, you should first make sure that automatic renewal is cancelled.
Members can also subscribe to smartphone applications. These applications can be provided by other service providers (such as iTunes or mobile services providers) and therefore may be subject to other payment conditions than those used and available to Members on any of our sites. Any such applicable terms will only apply to one-off purchases and all relevant terms and conditions associated with these payments will be brought to the attention of the Member prior to purchase.
A Member may at any time and without the need to provide any reason end his/her Registration with us by requesting the closure of his/her account in the area of the website designated for such purposes. Such request shall be deemed effective from the first working day after receipt by us of the request for closure of the account concerned. Such a request does not trigger reimbursement of, if appropriate, any time remaining on the Member’s Subscription.
Termination of a Subscription, by a Member, shall be effective on the applicable Subscription’s expiration date provided the Member has contacted us at least 48 hours before their Subscription expiration date, otherwise it will automatically renew. This Article does not apply to reimbursement when cancelling an initial order under ‘Your right to cancel under The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013’.
Without prejudice to the other provisions hereof, where the Member commits a serious breach of this Agreement, we will terminate the Member’s account without prior notification or warning. Such termination shall have the same effects as a termination by the Member.
Without prejudice to the other provisions hereof, where the Member commits a breach of this Agreement, we will terminate the Member’s account seven (7) days after having sent to the Member an email requesting unsuccessfully that he or she comply with this Agreement.
Without prejudice to the other provisions hereof, where we receive reports of a breach of this Agreement, including unacceptable conduct when meeting offline, in person, we may react to such reports and terminate a Member’s account with immediate effect.
Such termination shall take effect without prejudice to any damages that we might claim from the Member or his/her beneficiaries and legal representatives, in compensation of the harm suffered as a result of such breaches.
The Member will be informed by email of the termination, or the confirmation of the termination, of his/her account. Data relating to the Member will be destroyed at his/her request or upon expiration of the legal time period following the termination of the Member’s account.
As noted in herein, Members can also subscribe to smartphone applications. Smartphone applications can be provided by other service providers and therefore may be subject to other termination requirements and provisions. Members are urged to consult their smartphone application for full details.
Unless otherwise stated, City Love Search Ltd and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on City Love Search Ltd All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://www.citylovesearch.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from http://www.citylovesearch.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://www.citylovesearch.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://www.citylovesearch.com
- Redistribute content from City Love Search Ltd (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. City Love Search Ltd does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of City Love Search Ltd, its agents or affiliates.
Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws City Love Search Ltd shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
City Love Search Ltd reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity
- You hereby grant to City Love Search Ltd a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union
- dot.com community sites
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites
- online directory distributors
- internet portals
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of City Love Search Ltd; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site
- No use of City Love Search Ltd’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
Functioning of the website and Services
The Member must have the skills, hardware and software required to use the Internet or, as appropriate, Internet, telephone and Audiotel Services, and acknowledges that the characteristics and constraints of the Internet mean that the security, availability and integrity of Internet data transmissions cannot be guaranteed.
We do not guarantee that the Services will function if the Member activates a pop-up killing tool. In this case, the function should be deactivated before using the Service.
We do not guarantee that the Services will be usable if the Member’s Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) is unable to provide its services properly. In this context, we cannot be held responsible for the non-functioning, unavailability or adverse conditions of usage of the website resulting from incorrect hardware, problems experienced by the Member’s ISP or blockages on the Internet networks or for all other reasons outside our sphere of influence. Furthermore, smartphone applications are only available to our Members in possession of the smartphone handset and Internet access is required.
Under these conditions, we do not guarantee that the Services shall function without interruption or error. In particular, the use of our website may be interrupted at any time for the purposes of maintenance, updates or technical improvements, or to develop its content and/or presentation. Whenever possible, we shall inform Members prior to maintenance work or updates.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature, whether the services rendered are free or paid for.
You agree to indemnify us (including our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies) against all third party claims and liabilities related to your breach of this Agreement and/or to your use of the Services.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the law of England and Wales.